This is my mom Clara. I am so thankful to my heavenly father because she is my mother. When I was really little (2 years old), her mother passed away from ovarian cancer. Both me and my mom are in the medical field and we both know how we can be "ticking time bombs". My mom faithfuly visits the GYN's, during her last visit (last week), she had the standard blood work to see if she might have cancer- CA-125. The test came back elevated. They did an ultrasound and found that she has a couple of myomas in her uterus, and that her right ovary looked abnormal. translation she might have CANCER!!! Ovarian cancer is my biggest fear, and now my greatest enemy. My brave mom called me last week and ramdomly asked "when was the last time that you went to the GYN's office?". I should have know that she was speaking in code.
Yesterday I recieved a phone call from my dad, he was freaked out which made me WORRY!! I am a worrier by nature, so this came easy for me. I called my mom and I was able to tell her how scared I am that I may loose her. She was very calmed and she just told me that I need to be brave for my dad. HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO BE BRAVE?!?! Then she asked me to share the news with my brother. I called him... poor guy probably didn't understand because I was crying so much.
As I write this blog I am asking for your love.... Please keep my mom in your prayers!!! Her surgery is on the 18th of August.
My mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
We love your mom too! She is a great example to us all and we'll keep her in our prayers.
That breaks my heart, Andrea. We'll keep you and your mom in our prayers!
Andrea, I will pray for you and your mom. Both of you need the strength to deal with everything ahead. I understand the feelings you are having about your mom. I had to experience it with my mom but hopefully your moms illness will turn out better. If you ever need anything or need to talk to someone who had been there email me at suz_d1@hotmail.com. Also, you left a comment on my blog that you understood what I was going through. I didnt relize you had had some problems in that area. let me know. And to, the blog header is made on scrapblog.com. you save it as a jpeg and transfer it to the header. Good luck with everything, talk to you soon!!!!
Oh wow. I hope everything goes well! I love you and will pray for your mom!
-Emily NEIL Merkley :-)
Post a Comment