3 Years

I can't believe that Pher and I have been married for 3 years! I remember it like it was yesterday! I remember "relaxing' before the ceremony, and talking to my family in Colombia, specially my grandmother. I remember that the sealing was perfect! we were surrounded by those that loved us the most. I remember being SO HOT! in the sealing room. But the thing that I remember the most was the fact that I was creating an eternal family with the person that I love the most.
The past couple of years have brought joys and sorrows, but I continue to realize that he is who I want to be with. While we were dating, he had this analogy about a 3 foot cat fish and a spiritual tackle box. As we continue, We have to remember that we need to keep our spiritual tackle box 'ready' so we can always catch our 3 foot cat fish. I caught my 3 foot cat fish.
I will forever be thankful to my Heavenly Father for bringing us together. I know that I am meant to be with Pher. I know that we were lead by our Heavenly Father to find one another.
For those of you that don't know our story... Here it is:
Pher and I met in the singles ward. Pher was inactive at the time, but felt a desire to return to the Gospel. He had a co-worker that was a member, and told Pher about the singles ward. Pher never saw that co-worker again (at church or work). He went to the singles ward and he was welcomed by some of my friends (Funny side story- His best friend married my cousin!), and that is how we met. I remember it so well, The night before we had gone to a concert, and because I was under age they marked my hands with 2 huge X's. I saw my friends, and told them about the X's, and he was there. He was so nice and friendly. He continued to come to church, an our friendship developed. The first time he came to my house was to play Domino's, because I told him that I was awesome and that I could beat him (that was all talk. I have yet to win). He began to come over and 'hang out', and eventually became my home teacher.
We dated for a year before we were engaged. During our dating we would talk about marriage and how if we got married now, in a year we could be sealed. After that he told me that it was not fair for him to ask me to marry him and for him not to be able to give me an eternal family.
He is a spiritual giant. I am grateful for all that he teaches me. I look forward to many wonderful years with him. He is my 'Lobster' and the love of my life. I love you Pher !

7 comments:

Susan said...

How sweet and I love the pictures of you two! Ya, we are coming up on our 3 year too in two weeks. Remember, you guys just barely beat us!! Congrats on the wonderful life of marriage, isnt it great????

The Hansen Family said...

Looks like it wasn't just hot in the sealing room... Aheeemm. That's a whole lotta kissin' goin' on. :)
Happy Anniversary!

Kaylee said...

Andrea...I found you!! How fun to eavesdrop on your cute blog!!

Michael and Dena said...

Congrats Andrea! I'm glad you posted on my blog. It has been along time since I have seen you.

Photography By Jo said...

Congrats! That is so exciting.

Emily Bryner said...

hey I thought yopu might want to see this, its Bethany's website about her baby http://www.giftforgavin.org/

chelsie said...

Hey way cute. thanks for writing on my blog. The picts are beautiful!!!